On the tax side, the breakdown of roles is a little different from that which applied under the previous regime. The majority of key responsibilities are to be shared by two ministers:
Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury: David Gauke MP
- Strategic oversight of the UK tax system including direct, indirect, business and personal taxation;
- Corporate and small business taxation, with input from the Commercial Secretary;
- Departmental Minister for HM Revenue and Customs and the Valuation Office Agency;
- Lead Minister on European and international tax issues;
- Overall responsibility for the Finance Bill.
- Environmental issues including taxation of transport, international Climate Change issues and Energy Issues;
- North Sea oil taxation;
- Tax credits and child poverty and assisting the Chief Secretary on welfare reform;
- Charities and the voluntary sector;
- Excise duties and gambling, including excise fraud and law enforcement;
- Stamp duty land tax;
- EU Budget;
- Ministerial responsibility for the Royal Mint and Departmental Minister for HM Treasury Group;
- Working with the Exchequer Secretary on the Finance Bill.