I [Graham Aaronson QC, the author of the report] therefore see no unfairness in applying the GAAR to an arrangement which is not yet completed before the date when it comes into force; and it would in my view be appropriate to do so.
- Do you have to organise your affairs to pay the maximum tax?
- The beginning of the end for structured tax avoidance schemes?
- Naive promoters of tax avoidance schemes
- Five facts all accountants need to know about tax avoidance schemes
- Five more facts all accountants need to understand about tax avoidance schemes